Saturday at noon.

It was raining out there. I just came back from my little nest and suddenly had an urge to clean up my little “food supply corner”. I have few jars, bottles, and Tupperware boxes. Some cookies from Mom were there too long. She knows that I won’t have time to finish them.


Sadly, I must agree. I only took them to make her happy, but the truth is I don’t have appetite or time to bite cookies. I’d rather have tons of coffee than biting cakes. I’m not even on diet program.
Sorry, Mom. I know you’ll understand.
Looking at those empty jars shock me.
Jars are not for singles.
I don’t need to save food. I work from am to pm. When I got home, I just want to have dinner while watching dorama/anime, the take a bath before going to bed.

What about weekend?
I barely stay home. Even if I do, I’d rather sleep than chewing.

Jars are for family woman.
Now I know the reason Mom involved in Tupperware’s gathering.
Now I know why Mom always remind me to take care of her tups whenever she sent food.
Now I know why she insists her tups back whenever I went home.
Tupperware, despite of being expensive, is important for livinghood.
I’m not joking here.

Mom, probably like most mothers all over the world, is family manager. She manages to keep everybody alive and happy. Keeping snacks is part of the job. Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night just to check something to eat in your refrigerator? My family does.  Me and my brother often stay up late (or wake up after 12) and go to the kitchen to grab something. Mom always has something. She even keep second dinner, “in case you’re hungry at midnight, “ she says.

That’s why, jars in my Mom’s are always full. Whenever it’s almost empty, she refills. Jars represents our togetherness.

0 Comments