I joint Assessment Center Assessor Certification training this past 5 days. It really stopped me from seeing my desk for another week after traveled to Derawan last week. Well, it’s fine to skip office work for a while.


It’s been years since I work on my assessing skill. I remember when the first time I conducted Assessment Center (AC) was in my college day. Nobody taught it, yet I was forced to use it to map managerial lines. I learnt a lot. The next project was quite hard. I was already graduated when I got my really first AC. It was a long work and very tiresome since the client was quite troublesome. We should call the client, “monster client”.:)
Those experiences didn’t make excellence assessor and so I’m very grateful to join this training. The facilitator really understands AC very well. He’s an experienced assessor that still providing his skill to companies. He’s practically and theoretically competence. Sometimes, people hate training. I do. I hate to sit and listen to boring lesson. I hate trying hard to keep my eyes open. I hate the tasks.

I used to be so anxious when it comes to training and its evaluation. The exercises drove me crazy as if it's more important than the transfer of knowledge itself. You do know what people do when they're afraid of doing wrong, right? They deviate. They do crazy things like cheating, asking for crazy help, grumbling, whining, and many more. They turn into negative person.

This training gives me insight I never expected to have. I realize that more we got training, the more we engage in discussion, and the more I feel like I don’t need to be afraid of losing. The more I know that debating means finding truth, I don’t care if I misjudged because in the end I’ll understand the real.

Dare to be wrong is the first step to understand something. It’s just like in judo where the athletes learn how to be down before they know how to attack. In the end, there’ll be no prideful wound or shameless defeat, because every wrong opens path to truth.

0 Comments