| Indonesian version : Pak Ino yang annoying

December 4, 2012.
My teacher, Mr. Ino Yuwono passed away. I met him 2 years ago when I was assigned to work in Surabaya. He probably did not recognize me, but he was just like the one I knew for 4 years of my bachelor degree. It was the last time I saw him.

I remember this.
you can't stop time

It was almost 9 years ago when Mr. Ino Yuwono played a video of deodorant commercial. In that video, a guy is kissing a girl's armpit to show how powerful that deodorant in killing odor. Mr. Ino said that this video is annoying, but since it's annoying it sticks in our mind. That's how branding works.


He, himself, was an annoying man. He spoke ill, rude, and sometimes out of control. His rash behavior made people avoid him. In my time, there were people who run away from Psychology industry and Organization because they're afraid to meet him in classroom. That's how powerful his annoi. lol.

Unfortunately, he failed making me hating him. I like him. He's like Severus Snape in real life. He's a guy who can look rough and evil, but deep inside he's the one who really care. His entire fierce attitudes were good for those who can learn from it. Everything he did was to encourage his students to grow and get better and better. I think a great teacher is not the one who can spoil students on process, but is the one who can burn lesson to our mind no matter what it takes. Mr. Ino might be "cruel", but he made it to make me listened.

Yes, he's annoying. But, sorry sir, I'm grateful to be your student. Growing through your classes has made me what I am today. Thank you.

2 Comments