It’s been 301 days since government announced the state of emergency due to covid-19 pandemic. And it’s been 290 days I have never go to the office. It’s a long time quarantine, even though I’m feeling well. Even though people are already taking vacation, showing gathering pictures, cramping the street. I stay. Because I can. 

Today I’m sitting on my work desk, watching flowers behind my window, with a bottle of cofffee in my hand. I’m feeling grateful.
I’m grateful that I decided to bought the house 9 years ago. Now I have shelter for myself which is spacious enough. I can open the door and windows and let the air flow from my front yard to my back garden.

I’m grateful to spend my young chasing my grade. If I wasn’t graduated from the elite university, I wouldn’t land in this permanent job that gives me no worry during pandemic.

I’m grateful for being introvert. In the world counts by extrovert’s quality, taking time for yourself may dubbed you as antisocial. But, it’s a winning personality in this disaster year. It’s a peaceful time to stay home with my books, my cdramas and my mister potato.

I’m grateful that I choose to not buy car. People with personal vehicle found it hard to stay inside. They always tempted to go out. 

I’m grateful I prioritize internet connection. This is the time when I truly use my subscription to the fullest because I’m always home. Before pandemic, I only use my internet at night. Now it worth my payment. 

I’m grateful I can convince my mom to stay in and not flying to my house. Older people should not go anywhere. Glad to have reasonable parent.

0 Comments