That's it. That's the title of youtube video I need at 01.05 AM. Now. At this exact moment. 

I just found out they have a name for my inability to fall asleep instantly. It always took me more than 2 hours to close my eyes. To shut my thought. and it's not even thinking about life problems.

Delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS).
That's what they call it. A body clock disorder, where Your sleep cycle is delayed, so you can’t fall asleep until two or more hours past the “normal” bedtime. It could be 
  • genetic, hmmm, I don't think so, people in my house fall asleep easily.
  • changes after puberty. Well, didn't get this before graduate school. must be because of the life burden. ha.
  • Psychological and neurological disorders, such as anxiety, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorderobsessive-compulsive disorder...well, gonna need a psychological evaluation to know it, right?
  • Chronic insomnia. Nah
  • Poor sleeping habits. Coffee at 9 PM? Yea. Binge-watching until the next day? Often. No need to commute to work? that's one of the reasons. 
I've been yawning a lot while typing this. But, I believe I won't be able to shut my eyes as soon as my head on the pillow. I even managed to watch episode 6 of Derry Girls and still can'y sleep. Tsk. 
Perhaps I should read boring book. But, what if it gets amusing and I can't stop???

This is getting out of hand. But, tomorrow, oops today, is Sunday. I can sleep longer, right?




0 Comments