I think I'm pretty obvious. I can't lie, neither able to hide my feelings. But, I manage to avoid the issue of my little nest to my colleagues. I only talked about it to people I thought have the same ideas ( and I was right, they're really supportive, thank you). Actually, it was easy to find out the truth, I might have been slipping my tang couple times before. lol. Still, some people just don't know it yet, or they just don't really bother. Thank God.

However, one day, a colleague I "kept secret from" found me in the project venue. And I had to tell her. Hoping for another supportive response, I felt stupid for telling her. She's not like the other supportive fellows. She asks me why did I choose this location she thought further from my current residence, then things about buying house without being married first? Ok. that's enough to bring me these thought:
1. I bought the house for investment. The property price keeps rising each day and I have money to get one, so why not?
2. I wasn't born in this city and so I need permanent residence for me and family on vacation.
3. Despite of being single, I was raised to be independent girl that could never lean on husband (in the future) for a house. If he wanted to buy a house later, then it's ok. It'd be my house, too. "Aren't you afraid that the new house will be belong to your husband?" Well, that'd never happen to me as the local custom give everything under female's name. Whatever he bought, he'll end up sign it as mine. So, you don't need to worry. We're following matrilineal system here.
I think I was right to buy the house and I'm so excited to make it perfect place. Probably, some people like her doesn't understand the feeling of having your own things--with your own money--as she lived with her mother. It really makes me grateful that I've walked this far. Alhamdulillah.

0 Comments