The pandemic has caused the government to lock down some cities and force people to stay home. Not everybody loves being at home. No, especially not for extroverts. Limited activity, not seeing or touching person...hmm must felt like a hell. I read the news on Jakarta Post about how people feel bad for out of touch. Some others feeling better because she's at home with her family, she imagines it worse for people living alone.

excuse you?
I strongly disagree. As introverts, being shut off the world is the recharging activity for us, staying away from people is really what we’re good at. There are a lot things we can do at home: cleaning, reading, writing, sleeping, everything without even stepping out the door. And the idea of not meeting anyone is so perfect. Now, I don’t have to make excuses to miss an invitation. 

However, this is not a win or lose ideals. We, introvert just want to be accepted as we are. When we’re not able to join your party, it’s not because we’re rude. It’s just too much for us. Would you rather have us mentally disturbed at your companion? I don’t think so. And just because we miss your gathering, it doesn't mean we're not friends.

I often make a strict line between work and private. I don’t invite people to my house. Those coming to my place are those with keys (read: family). Because I don’t want to disturb my sanctuary. You can have me at work hour, but not after that. 

it’s hard work to deal with other people. We have to compromise, let go of what we think best, talk, follow the rules. It’s tiring. Even with people who are permissive. I found them very tiring because all they can say, “it’s up to you,” while I’m not even the boss. People with no opinion are the worst because they can slip us into being bossy.

As an introvert, it’s easy for me to get tired of interaction with other people. That’s why I need to protect my precious time at home. Alone. 

My deepest condolence to those who find it staying home like a hell. It's probably because you don't teach your kids to tolerate, or you just not good at communicating with your spouse, or because you lack resources for the home activity. I really sorry for you. But, be patient and don't go outside. This too will pass. And when it's all over, I hope you get a better understanding of us, the introverts. 

0 Comments