Wednesday, September 26 2012.

My team headed to PGS (Pusat Grosir Solo) to shop and have some lunch. It’s a big shopping area where across the street lines a lot of food booths. So, they led me there. Well, they seem OK with the menu, but I don’t think it’s a good place for meal. Mom will kill me if she knew I’d be eating there.

It’s dirty. Flees are everywhere. I can see the dark oily water they use to wash the dishes. Ugh. Not to mention the cooking area! No, no, just looking at those already making me sick. Yes, I have problem with this. I bet the rest of the team also felt the same way, but they’re just not as honest as I am. So, somebody asked, “Do you have problem with this place?”. Yes I do. Even if they decided to eat there, I wouldn’t take anything. Well, thank God they chose to leave and find better place inside the mall.
Wow, man. Isn’t it amazing how people must take care of herself? After leaving home, I practically must rely on myself for everything. So, I have to be really careful of what I eat. Nobody will take me to hospital or doctor for my stomachache. None would asked me, “How do you feel?” as I’m educated to suppress every uncomfortable feeling. I have to take care of myself. I’m really surprise that my other teams are all have stomatch problem, but they never pick food. Ugh. Weird.
This is what mom taught me when I was little. Never eat anywhere. Make sure the place is clean. How to do that? Check the kitchen. I think we’re-MInangkabau people- have a little tight criteria for what’s coming to us. We usually visit the kitchen to check whether it’s healthy. We don’t even use left hand to stop transportation.
That’s our manner.

0 Comments