Looking at other people’s working tables, they’re full of their family pictures, collections, or awards. Things that remind them of what important in their life. Then, I watch my own. it’s empty.
I think I’m not a sentimental person who’d have my family’s picture everytime I turn to. Once my friend inspected my phone and said that it lacked of family pictures. In fact, I don’t want to share my family life with other people, especially in the office. Trying to be mysterious, you said? Probably. But, office is a place to work, not to brag or show your real life.

Ok, I’m beginning to feel like an idol here, whose privacy needs to be protected. I feel like when I share it with anyone, it’s my own anymore. Plus, I don’t want them to judge me from my personal life. Oh, they can guess, but they won’t understand. As much as I don’t want to share my family stories to other, I don’t really care about theirs, too. Once we know, we have responsibility to be kind, considerate. Sometimes, it’s full of lies.
So, to replace those personal things, I put small plant behind my table. Nothing extraordinary, anyway. It’s just a plant that would survive even if I forgot to water it a week. Cactus. Yup. Putting a plant on your worktable helps to feel alive. When I had enough of my MacBook screen, I usually turn to it, or to the window and see the green.
We’re need something to relate us to life. to think that we’re part of something. To other people, it’s their family or collection, or achievement awards. for me, this cactus can work. 

0 Comments