My friends are scattered all over the country. We used to spent so much time together that make them my very best friend. As I moved here and there, we're separated. The consequence is clear, we can't see each other as often as we used to. First, we were still calling, messaging, chatting on Facebook, but lately real life has consumed both of our time. Are we become strangers?
Obviously there are a lot of things I don't know about them anymore. But, it doesn't mean that we're no longer friends. I take it as a chance to release myself from knowing someone too deep. People may want to know their best friends so much, but my memory quota is limited. On the other hand, I need to spare space for new memories.
The greatest change happened to me while being apart from my best friend is I don't complain to them anymore. I stop telling them stupid things stumble upon me and make the conversation short, mostly normative. I keep choosing good news instead of showing pains just to makes sure they're not worried. I become less open. And somehow, I'm losing my place to ease the pain.
Still, when out of the sudden, their messages pop on my iPhone, I'm very pleased. When they mention the words "missing you" , I feel blessed. And guilty. Because I haven't done anything that deserve that feeling.
Love works in mysterious way. When you thought you can like someone and be her best friend, she can go so wrong and makes you sick. But, the one I hate from the first glimpse was proven to be my best ally now. Weird ha.
So, here's what at least I can do to those amazing people.
1. Respond the message quickly
2. Always make happy respond to let them feel worth. Well, it'll be hard to do if you're in the middle of senate meeting, though.
3. Returning their feeling. Sometimes, I make a short call just to say, "I miss you"

Last, I'd like to say, thank you for loving me.

0 Comments