A little report on my weekend life in MLN. Lately, the neighbor behind me took liberty of opening it's window and peeked on my house. Well, it's natural since they have higher place and they do have right to open their window, right? 
However, I also have right to keep my privacy. I don't want few men peek to my life just like that. Yes, you read me. Men. That neighbor is Alfamart and the employees are so lazy. They don't even want to deliver water to my house. But they have time to peek my house? Great.
So, I'm building an additional wall to keep their eyes away. Funny how they think I don't understand. As they watch me, I watch them. They were always opening their window last week, but as my workers started the wall the window has been shot down. 
This is era where people promote individuality as much as privacy in front. We build walls. We keep away street musician or beggars. We're always plug earphones in.
On the contrary, physical space has been decreasing a lot. People in big cities are forced to live in apartment, getting closer to strangers next door. Gadgets are filled with various social media application which turned us to be more open about our life in cyber world. People tend to brag about their lives or complain a lot in facebook, twitter, path, livejournal. They keep posting food in Instagram, flickr, tumblr. This over loaded information are available not only for people you care, but also for strangers. You're getting known by someone you never knew.

0 Comments