When I was little, the local tv always played Family movie on Sunday morning. Whether it was Doraemon or western kids movie. I imagined lots of family stacked in front of their tv at that time. However, that wasn’t the case in my family. We usually woke up early to go out. We jogged to the beach (it was only 5 km away, I think) or climb the mountain next to our house. Sometimes when we didn’t go out, my parents would play table tennis in our yard where my brother and I sat on the table following the ball stashing around. We barely stayed at home in the morning.


When I was 12, we moved to new house. We still went to the beach and wander in the local market after that. However, we’re getting old and busier. The kids got new activities, sometimes it required us to go out on Sunday. Parents got old and tired. We finally gathered around the dining table watching news with a cup of coffee/tea in each other’s hand.

Now that I live alone I find it hard to leave my house. I spend time cleaning out or cooking. Sometimes, I’d rather stay in bed longer after such crowded weekdays. And since the time feels slower when you’re alone, I have so much time to check some movies. This is the time when I finally able to watch Sunday’s family movie.  I guess this is why they served it, to the people who don’t want to spend time outdoor.

I believe some kids are not so fortunate like my family that they couldn’t play out with their parents outside. Well, different family, different situation. The Sunday’s family movies somehow help them to imagine warmth of a family.

0 Comments