I'm not a good cook. I realize that. But, no matter how bad I am, I believe that Mom educated me better than lots of Jakarta girls.
Girls I knew, who were born and raised in this Capital City usually can't cook. I remember when one of my colleagues got married and we presented her cooking tools. She told me it would be better if we gave her cooking book as well.

Another sad fact comes from my senior. though she's dozen years older than me, she doesn't cook. She has maid helping her at home. I wonder how would she felt one day when her son grew up and wouldn't miss her meal.

Hmmm
I was born in a little city where cooking is one of our greatest inheritance. My grandma used to had meal booth. My mom often told us that she's been helping her mother since she was very young. Therefore, she seems inheriting the skill, though she always says she can't compete Grandma's taste.
However, the talent doesn't fall on me because I'm such a terrible cook. I have bad memory. I don't remember much all the recipes she told me. But, at least I know some standard beginner skills which most of my friends doesn't.

I say cooking is just as fun as watching ikemen or editing pictures. I don't cook for anybody, therefore I need to feel the greatest joy, right?
In fact, I bought this little nest to be able to practice my cooking. XD

0 Comments