Utiiiiiin! I finally meet my best friend from college tonight. To be honest, I was nervous she couldn't make it just like the previous appointment when I came to Surabaya. I know, I'm quite traumatic and hard to let the negative experience go. You can't move on if you linger to those dark moments. So, even though I have my doubts, I behave in the most supporting act. I encourage her to stop by without pressing. Yeah, I feel a bit mature in this area now. haha


The secret is not asking too much which can burden your opponent. We both want to see each other. Even if she said she couldn't make it, I might offer to take a cab to her place.

She promised to come after Isya, so I had time to have break-fasting dinner with my colleagues at 6. The funny thing is we go to the same food court, so I sit there twice (once with my fellow workers and the second with Utin). The shopkeeper might think I have such a large stomach. haha haha.

Utin is one of the few friends which is not married. A lot of other friends are busy with their family: kids and husband (not career), so I find it hard to maintain an interactive conversation with them. It's tiring when you have to think about how your kids unable to crawl or how you need to ask permission to your husband. I mean, it's like being the psychologist for the entire class (which is weird because we're all psychology students). It's no fun and I'm always the one who come up with an understanding smile in the end without being able to throw some shits going on in my head. Simply because I think their lives are hard enough without me adding the burden. When I hear all their whining, I feel so grateful to lead my life.

Meeting and talking to Utin makes me feel relieved. I said so many things I couldn't express to anyone else just because I don't want to get a weird judgement. Not everybody okay with people not following mainstream custom, right?

0 Comments